Whether you're in a serious relationship, considering marriage, or engaged with a wedding date, the Alpha Pre-Marriage Course is for you!
Upcoming Classes: February 16, 17, 23 & 24
Deadline (for February Course): February 2, 2024
Friday, February 16: 6:30pm – 9:00pm
Saturday, February 17: 9:00am – 2:00pm
Friday, February 23: 6:30pm – 9:00pm
Saturday, February 24: 9:00am – 2:00pm
About the Course
You and your partner will explore issues like communication, conflict resolution, finances, and faith, in a setting designed for private conversation between the two of you. More a "date night" than a classroom experience, there are no group activities to participate in.
Planning to get married at the Vineyard?
- Couples wishing to be married in our beautiful Chapel (seats 350) or by a Vineyard Pastor are required to participate either in a course of marriage preparation approved by the marrying pastor or the Alpha Pre-Marriage Course presented by the Vineyard Pre-Marriage Ministry.
- You must attend all the dates in the course as well as a mentoring session with a Pre-Marriage Ministry couple.
- Contact DeDe at firstname.lastname@example.org if you will be using an alternative pre-marriage preparation.
- This class is $100 for the couple ($50 each) and is payable at the time of registration (by the person registering).
- Only one person of the couple needs to register and pay, but it would help if the partner is available to answer questions on the Pre-Registration Survey.
- Please be sure to register below by the deadline.
When is this course offered? We offer this pre-marriage course 3x throughout the year in February, June, and October. We recommend that couples who are engaged register for this course 6-12 months prior to their wedding date.
If you have further questions, please contact DeDe at 513-671-0422 Ext. 393 or by email at email@example.com.
Prior to the beginning of this course, each guest couple will receive an email asking them to complete a Couple Survey online (different from the Pre-registration Survey).
Each guest couple will be assigned a support couple that will meet with you one time, following completion of the class, to review the Couple Survey. This mentoring session is your opportunity for individualized attention. It typically takes two hours.
The survey compares your answers with those of your partner and identifies strengths and growth areas that your support couple will discuss with you when you meet. The survey is confidential; only your support couple and pastor will see it. After you complete the course, your support couple will provide your marrying pastor with a summary memo.
The survey and course cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Communication (effective talking, effective listening)
- Managing conflict and anger
- Commitment (marriage as a covenant)
- Dealing with finances
- Relationships with extended family
- Family background
- Readiness for marriage
The course features the Alpha Pre-Marriage Course and the Vineyard Pre-Marriage Ministry.
Questions? Please Contact DeDe at 513-671-0422 Ext. 393 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.