Your decision to be baptized may be one of the most important you will make as a follower of Jesus Christ. We believe that baptism is not for the purpose of joining the local church but to express your decision to follow Jesus Christ.
Would you like to get baptized on Sunday, Feb. 19? Sign up today to attend the required Baptism Class on Sunday, Feb. 12. You'll learn all about the reasons for baptism. Free childcare provided and light snacks will be served during class.
Adult Baptism Class: Sunday, Feb. 12 from 10:45am-11:30am in the Prayer Room, located at the top of the stairs to the Atrium.
Vineyard Kids' Baptism Class: Sunday, Feb. 12 from 1-2pm in VK Area 3.5. Please attend class with your child.
Register for Baptism
What is Baptism?
Christian baptism is one of two ordinances that Jesus instituted for the church.
Just before His ascension, Jesus said, “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19–20).
Baptism was practiced before the founding of the church.
- Baptism is to be done in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. It is through this ordinance that a person is admitted into the fellowship of the church.
- Baptism is the means by which a person makes a public profession of faith and discipleship.
- Baptism is an outward testimony of the inward change in a believer’s life.
- Christian baptism is an act of obedience to the Lord after salvation.
- Baptism illustrates a believer’s identification with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. Everywhere the gospel is preached and people are drawn to faith in Christ, they are to be baptized.
In January 2022, Raúl Latoni delivered a powerful message about baptism, and how God calls us to take small steps of obedience, just like Jesus did.
Baptism Weekend Message
If you have a child who is interested in being baptized, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for Baptism
Read Baptism Stories