This class is required if you wish to be married by a Vineyard Pastor, either at our beautiful Chapel (seats 350) or offsite.
The cost for the Premarital Class is $95 for the couple and is payable at the time of registration (by the person registering).
Only one person of the couple needs to register and pay, but it would help if the partner is available to answer questions on the Preregistration Survey.
Approximately one month before the Premarital Class starts, you will receive an email asking each of you to complete a Premarital Inventory online (different from the Preregistration Survey). This inventory compares your answers with those of your partner and identifies strength and growth areas for you to discuss in class. The inventory is confidential; only your mentor couple and pastor will see it. It is copyrighted and remains at church for your use during the class.
The inventory covers the same topics which are covered in the sessions:
- Family of Origin (how the family you grew up in impacts the family you are creating together)
- Conflict & Anger
- Sex & Intimacy (we like to let couples know in advance that we teach God's plan is for sexual intimacy in marriage)
- Blending Families (if either of you has children)
- Re-Marriage (if either of you has been married before)
- Growth & Planning for the Future
The classes are taught by couples from the Premarital Teaching Team.
Each couple attending the class will be assigned a mentor couple the first night of class and will meet with this couple one time following class to review the Premarital Inventory. This meeting is your opportunity for individualized attention. It typically takes two hours.
After you complete the classes, your mentor couple will provide your marrying Pastor with a summary memo.
You must attend all the dates in the session. Upcoming session:
- January 2020 Session includes 4 dates: Jan. 24 6:30-9pm, Jan 25 9:00am-2:00pm, Feb. 7 6:30-9pm. Feb. 8 9:00am-2pm
- March 2020 Session includes 4 Sundays from 1:00-5:00pm on March 8, 15, 22 & 29
We recommend that couples who are engaged register for classes 6-12 months prior to their wedding date.
If you have further questions, please contact Mary at 513.671.0422 Ext. 316.